Anyone using Xcode to program for iPhone could experiencing the error like following after update the 3.1 documentation:
"the requested file was not found in any documentation set".
after inspect the the Apple's latest iPhone OS 3.1 docset package, it looks like someone at APPLE did not run a good QA on this one. anyhow, I fixed the prompt by using following method in the exchange to get back the old version of documentation set for 3.1
the problematic docset is version v22.20.0 as you can see in the Get Info dialog in Xcode. we need go back to the old version of document. Here is how:
1. download the old docset file from apple's website, you can follow the following:
download the v21.13.0 or v21.12.0, they both point to the same file, which is version 21.13.
2. the above download is a xar file, so you need to use xar to extract it:
xar -xf com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiPhone3_1.iPhoneLibrary.xar
this will result a directory as com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiPhone3_1.iPhoneLibrary.docset
3. unsuscribe for the Apple iPhone OS3.1 docment in Xcode, and Reveal in Finder of the iPhone OS 3.1 Library, delete the whole com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiPhone3_1.iPhoneLibrary.docset directory.
4. now move the directory you extracted in step 2 to the location of step 3.
5. the error message will be gone. you will see a button says "UPDATE" at the right side the iPhone OS 3.1 Library, DO NOT click on that, if you do, you will end up with the error message again.
Hope someone at APPLE fix the issue soon!!!!!!!!!!